Shenzhen urban metro implements the Mileage and Sectional Fare policy, and the same fare policy applies to the whole network. The starting price of ordinary class carriage is RMB 2 for the first 4 km, RMB 1 for every 4 km in the 4-12 km section, RMB 1 for every 6 km in the 12-24 km section and RMB 1 for every 8 km in the section beyond 24 km. The price for business class carriage is composed of the fares of ordinary class carriage and business class carriage that is equivalent to twice of ordinary class carriage fare within the same path. For specific fare information, please consult the station staff.
1. Passenger paying fare with a Shenzhen Tong Card or China T-union Card issued by local bank can enjoy a discount of 5% when riding the ordinary class carriage. No discount for abnormal conditions handled at the Service Center.
2.Joint discount for metro-bus transfer: Passenger who pays fare with Shenzhen Tong card or China T-union Card issued by local bank on the bus and transfers to the ordinary class carriage of the metro within 90 minutes, while enjoying the regular metro fare discount, can also get an additional discount of RMB 0.4 per person, per trip.
3. Passenger who pays fare with Shenzhen Metro Ticket QR Code, Shenzhentong QR Code, Financial Integrated Circuit(IC) Cards, or China T-union Card issued by non-local banks does not enjoy the regular metro fare discount.
4. Children below 1.2 meters in height or under 6 years old (With ID card or other valid documents) can take the ordinary class carriage for free; passenger paying for the business class carriage can schlep a child below 1.2 meters or under 6 years old without extra payment, but the child should not occupy a seat; children between 1.2 - 1.5 meters in height or aged between 6 -14 years old (With ID card or other valid documents) can purchase a half price Children’s Ticket for ordinary class carriage at Service Center.
5. Children of pre-school age with Shenzhen Tong Children’s Card approved and issued by Shenzhen Tong Company can take the ordinary class carriage for free. Students in municipal full-time middle schools, primary schools, technical secondary schools, vocational schools and aged below 18 years old can take the ordinary class carriage with Shenzhen Tong Student Cards at a fare discount of 50%.
6. Passenger paying fare with the Shenzhen Tong Discount Card should exit through the dedicated preferential gate.
7. Passenger with the following valid certificates can take the ordinary class carriage of the metro for free:
a. Disabled veterans with the Certificate of Disabled Veterans of the People’s Republic of China, disabled people’s policemen with the Certificate of Disabled Policemen of the People’s Republic of China, disabled public servants with the Certificate of Disabled Public Servants of the People’s Republic of China, and disabled persons with the Certificate of Disability Attributable to War and Service; active-duty service personnel with the Certificate of Officers, the Certificate of Soldiers, the Certificate of Civilian Cadres, the Police Badge issued by the Chinese People’s Liberation Army and Chinese Armed Police Force，and Students Cards of Military Academies; demobilized soldiers on a pension, sick demobilized veterans, retirees previously involved in battles, family members of martyrs, family members of military personnel who died in service and family members of military personnel who died of illness, these people with the Municipal residence permit and the Courtesy Certificate of Special Care Recipients of Shenzhen Municipality; and retired army Cadres with the Municipal Residence Permit holding the Honorary Certificate of Retired Cadres, the Courtesy Certificate of Retired Officers (Policemen) and Military (Policeman) Officer Retirement Certificate.
b. Senior citizens aged 60 or above, regardless of place of registered residence, with the ID card, Residence Card of Hongkong, Macao and Taiwan, Mainland Travel Permit for Hongkong and Macao Residents, Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents, Passport, and the Courtesy Card of Senior Citizens, the Courtesy Card (Certificates) of Senior Citizens of Shenzhen Municipality, the Free Riding Card of Senior Citizens with Temporary Residence in Shenzhen etc, which are issued by Shenzhen Municipal Committee for Ageing.
c. The disabled persons with registered residence in the Municipal holding the Shenzhen Municipal Riding Card for the Disabled issued by the Municipal Union of the Disabled or the second generation Certificate of the Disabled of the People’s Republic of China; the disabled persons without registered residence in the Municipal holding the second generation Certificate of the Disabled of the People’s Republic of China (Disability Certificate of Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan).
d. The fire and rescue personnel with Cadre Certificate of National Comprehensive Fire and Rescue Team, Fireman Certificate of National Comprehensive Fire and Rescue Team, Learner Certificate of National Comprehensive Fire and Rescue Team, Retirement Certificate of National Comprehensive Fire and Rescue Team, or Disability Certificate of National Comprehensive Fire and Rescue Team issued by personnel department of veterans or ministry emergency management (this certificate contains readable electronic chip).